The EIM-003 is a 3.5mm 4-pole (TRRS/CTIA) microphone for your smartphones and tablets.
The microphone is originally designed for monitoring music. It is unique because it has a flat frequency response, which means you’re going to get the complete, unspoiled original sound in your recordings. Plus, it has a high signal-to-noise ratio, which means you’re not going to get a lot of that signal noise that can ruin your recordings.
It is also the perfect mic for recording something you want to share with customers or clients like a presentation or screen capture video, or for external audio for your iPhone videos.
The EIM-003 won’t boost sound signals like the EIM-001. In other words, the sound level won’t be much different from the built-in microphone (e.g. iPhone). For high-sensitivity recording, we recommend the EDUTIGE EIM-001 microphone (-22 dB).
- Directivity: Omnidirectional (360 degrees)
- Sensitivity: -37dB (1 kHz at 1Pa)
- Frequency response: 20-20000 Hz
- Dimensions: 9 x 18mm(0.4 x 0.7 in) (without plug)
- S/N Ratio: 62dB+
- Plug: 3.5mm 4-pole gold-plated
- Weight: 3.8 gram (0.2 oz)
- Power supply: Plug-in power capability, no batteries required
- What’s Included : 1 x microphone, 1 x foam windscreen
- The EIM-003 is compatible with all devices with a 3.5mm 4-pole (TRRS/CTIA) input jack. So it works with smartphones, tablets, and laptops with a 3.5mm headphone/mic combo input. The 3.5mm jack is still available on the majority of the phones but it’s disappearing from newer phones and tablets.
- Apple Devices: iPhone 7 or later supports a 3.5mm microphone via the Lightening to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter, but it still only supports the 4-pole (TRRS/CTIA) microphones such as the EIM-003.
- Android Devices: Most Samsung Galaxy smartphones and tablets work great with the EIM-003. But We cannot guarantee compatibility with all other Android phones and tablets. Some work great with our mics, while others not so good. It is always best to ask us if you are not sure.
- Cameras, GoPros, Audio Recorders: Won’t work!!! The EIM-003 is not directly compatible with the 3-pole (TRS) devices such as DSLRs, mirrorless cameras, GoPro action cams*, digital voice recorders, camcorders.