The EIM-001 is a 3.5mm 4-Pole (TRRS/CTIA) microphone for your smartphones and tablets. It is the original Edutige iMicrophone, made for the iPhone, iPad, and other Apple products. But it turns out to be the excellent external microphone for Android smartphones and tablets as well. such as Samsung Galaxy smartphones and tablets.
This high-sensitivity microphone is good at capturing sounds at a distance and perfectly suited for recording meetings or lectures when you can’t get close to the sound source.
The EIM-001 will give you wire free, minimalistic setup for vloggers, Youtubers and videographers.
UPDATE:The EIM-001 now includes the EMM-001 microphone mount so you can use the Apple Lightning to 3.5mm adapter to connect the microphone and… have the microphone pointed towards you. See the photos below or check out the EMM-001 here.
- Directivity: Omni-directional (360 degrees)
- Sensitivity: -22dB (1 kHz at 1Pa)
- Frequency response: 50 – 18,000Hz
- S/N Ration: 58dB+
- Plug: 3.5mm 4-pole (CTIA) gold-plated
- Size: 10 x 22mm (0.4 x 0.9in) (without plug)
- Weight: 6.5 grams (0.2 oz)
- Power supply: Plug-in power capability, no batteries required
- What’s Included : 1 x microphone, 1 x foam windscreen, 1 x EMM-001 Microphone Mount
- The EIM-001 is compatible with all devices with a 3.5mm 4-pole (TRRS/CTIA) input jack. So it will work with smartphones, tablets, and laptops with a 3.5mm headphone/mic combo input. The 3.5mm jack is still available on the majority of the phones but it is disappearing from newer phones and tablets.
- Apple Devices: iPhone 7 or later supports a 3.5mm microphone via the Lightening to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter, but it still only supports the 4-pole (TRRS/CTIA) microphones such as the EIM-001.
- Android Devices: Most Samsung Galaxy smartphones and tablets work great with the EIM-001. But we cannot guarantee compatibility with all other Android phones and tablets. Some work great with our mics, while others not so good. It is always best to ask us if you are not sure.
- Cameras, GoPros, Audio Recorders: Won’t work!!! The EIM-001 is not directly compatible with the 3-pole devices such as DSLRs, mirrorless cameras, GoPro action cams, digital voice recorders, camcorders.